[nfbcs] opinions needd

tribble lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 26 04:36:11 UTC 2009

I think one thing I would miss on a netbook is USB ports -- I'm sure the
netbook has at least 1 but last I checked, it was much less than a laptop,
which typically comes with 4 these days.  Now if you carry a scanner with
you, or want to hook up to a printer and/or external keyboard, that makes
the netbook pretty inadequate.

As for using an external keyboard, I use one as well, but I set it up in
jaws options to use the laptop configuration. Thus I can use the caps lock
key as if I were running jaws without the external board, but still use the
numpad if I need to.
(I am used to using the numpad, but I know some people who use the laptop
configuration exclusively as they like not having to move their right hand
back and forth.)
Just some thoughts. Have fun.
--le