[nfbcs] firefox and bookmarks

tribble lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 29 18:18:33 UTC 2009

Hi all -- I have a minor S O S from my mother who is computer savvy as long
as her favorite tools are working, but hopelessly lost otherwise.
This morning she asked me to guide her through uninstalling firefox from her
system because it didn't handle flash content, and she needs to be able to
read flash on certain pages she is accessing.
I walked her through and it went fine until she realized that her bookmarks
may have all been lost. I honestly don't know what happens to firefox
bookmarks when firefox is removed from a system. Are they erased along with
the other files?  I hope not -- I would like to give her some good news. I
didn't even think to ask her before we removed the program, and she didn't
think to ask me.
Could someone familiar with firefox please answer, and maybe give me a path
where to find the bookmarks if they are still there?
Thanks much!
--le