[nfbcs] [Nfb-rdcomm] dot matrix printer

Robert Jaquiss rjaquiss at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 30 21:32:20 UTC 2009

Hello Gary and Pamela:

     The Tiger family of printers is the most popular printer for making
graphics. They are available in various sizes from a Tiger Cub Jr. which
slowly prints on 8.5X11 paper to the Tiger Pro which can print on roll fed
paper 16 inches wide. The Tiger Pro has an inkprint attachment so line
drawings can be shown in print for the benefit of a teacher. The Imprint
embosses 8.5X11 paper and can print in color. To be fair, Index printers and
those from Enabling Technologies can also produce raised line drawings. More
work is required to make these machines produce an image. The nice thing
about the Tiger is that it is a Windows capable printer, so if you have a
line diagram of some kind, you can simply print it out. The Tiger does have
the capability of producing braille labels. Some readers don't like the feel
of the Tiger's braille. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Robert Jaquiss