[nfbcs] Logon prompt

slery slerythema at insightbb.com
Wed Jul 15 03:28:15 UTC 2009

In XP, go to control panel, and then user accounts. Select the user account
you want and open it. Some where in there is the option for setting a
password. I am pretty sure that it is a check box and if un-checked it
ignores the password box. You probably have to restart for the changes to
take effect.

If that doesn't actually solve the problem, then check to see if you have
created other user accounts. If you have, then you have to delete those so
that you only have the one user account. Any time you have more than one, it
will always require you to select which user you want to use irregardless of
needing a password. For instance, my father's computer is setup with three
users, his and mine have passwords because we are administrators. My mothers
does not have a password but she still has to select her account when she
wants to use the computer.

If you are using Vista, I am not fluent in that but it should again be under
user accounts some where.

Good luck.

Cindy