[nfbcs] Logon prompt

Beth Hatch bhatch200 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 15 19:31:07 UTC 2009

Hello again Gary,

I'm glad your computer is back to the way you want it.-:)  They always told
us in my networking classes to disable the guest account and to instead make
users for the people who need to use the computer.  There are some security
issues with leaving the guest account enabled.  From what I remember from my
textbooks, I think the guess account is disabled by default, at least for XP
Pro.  I think XP home is a bit different, but since I don't have that here I
can't say.  But since you don't need to worry about that, it's not a concern
for you.  I think the command line utility I gave you will also allow you to
prevent the welcome screen from coming up as well, you just need to make the
password blank and then I think you won't be asked for a password.  Then if
you disable the "press control-alt-delete" screen, I think it will just do
what you want on boot-up.  A friend of mine mentioned this utility to me
after I was playing with one of my computers and did something--I don't know
what--and I had to use this utility to fix my computer.

Take care and thank you for your kind message.

Beth