[nfbcs] Outlook and autofill

slery slerythema at insightbb.com
Tue Jun 2 15:32:17 UTC 2009

This is information I received from another list. Read through all
instructions because there is also a quick tip at the bottom for getting at
the files quicker.

Cindy

Normally, you can easily delete unwanted names from the Microsoft Outlook

nickname cache. You simply use the up or down arrows to select a nickname
from

the list when it's visible, and then hit the Delete key.

However, you can completely refresh the Microsoft Outlook nickname cache.

  Close any running copies of Microsoft Outlook.

  Open Windows Explorer under Accessories

  Make sure hidden files and folders are visible in Windows Explorer by

  navigating to Tools -> Folder Options -> View ->Advanced Settings, and
select

  "Show hidden files and folders."

  Look in the directory

c:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application/Data\Microsoft\Outlook

for any files with the .NK2 extension. These are the nickname caches. (If
they're not visible there, you may need to search the   system for any files
that match that extension.)

  Rename the file to something else. For example, if the file name is

  Outlook.NK2, you could rename it to Outlook.NK2.bak.

  Restart Microsoft Outlook. A new Microsoft Outlook nickname cache should
now

  be rebuilt.

And here is a quick tip for getting to those files but I wanted to provide
both directions:

Hi. A simpler approach is to just open %appdata% and you need not
display hidden files.

HTH,
Cindy