[nfbcs] dialogs with vanishing controls

tribble lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 7 01:33:44 UTC 2009

Hi all out there who have some knowledge of jaws scripting...
I have encountered several dialogs in OE and other places where I am in a
list of items with corresponding checkboxes, and jaws speaks the item and
whether or not it is checked, but when I hit spacebar the action has no
affect on the state of the checkbox.  I then route jaws to pc and arrow
around but find no trace of a checkbox to click on.  However, if I arrow one
space at a time and click I sometimes will hit an invisible checkbox and the
state will toggle.

Now, if jaws is smart enough to speak the state of the box (so obviously it
knows it is there), why does the checkbox vanish when I go looking for it?
And why won't the spacebar work?

And last but not least, i seem to remember someone describing how to reclass
something or other to cause this problem to go away.  Am I remembering
correctly?
If anyone has a comment, feel free to share. Thanx!
--le