[nfbcs] An interesting issue with the windows default beep sound

Liz Bottner liz.bottner at gmail.com
Sat May 23 00:38:58 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I have just recently come across the issue where when on a webpage and
navigating from the end of it back to the beginning with different quick
keys, (E, F, H, V, etc), the windows default beep sounds. TO my knowledge,
this is a recent happening. If, for instance, I'm on a website that I have
visited before and want to go to a link at the bottom, hitting Shift B will
take me to the link, but the windows default beep sound will also be heard.
While not serious, it is somewhat annoying. I also hear it at random
intervals, even when the computer is sitting idle. I wasn't sure if anyone
else has experienced this or could provide insight into why this might be
happening and how I could fix it, if indeed that is possible. Feel free to
write me off list at the email address listed below in my signature.

Thanks, and take care,

Liz

email:

 <mailto:liz.bottner at gmail.com> liz.bottner at gmail.com

Visit my livejournal:

 <http://unsilenceddream.livejournal.com/>
http://unsilenceddream.livejournal.com

Follow me on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/lizbot

Consider helping blind and visually impaired Delaware students in the March
for Independence:

<http://www.marchforindependence.org/site/TR/walk/General?team_id=2830&pg=te
am&fr_id=1050>