[nfbcs] PDF

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sun Oct 4 14:33:32 UTC 2009

My public radio station is chaning its schedule.  The new schedule is a
PDF doc--a big hairy table.  I am having no luck figuring it out at all,
and its symptomatic of problems I'm having with PDF.
Anyone who wants a look can see the pdf by going to wnyc.org, selecting
schedule, then selecting Download New Schedule.

First, after I got the pdf dialog and hit Start, I got a blank page with a
web address on top and 48.4% in the middle, but nothing else.  I saved
that webpage as a pdf file (I didn't have to change anything in the Save
As box) and opened it through Windows Explorer.  It opened it as a big
table, but I couldn't figure out which column headers went with which
columns.  I opened it with Kurzweil, and all the text was garbage

I will try it again at work tomorrow, because for some reason PDF reads
better there, even though I'm using the same version of Jaws, 7.0, and IE.
 Does anyone know why that might be so?
Does anyone know how to figure out which header goes with which column in
a PDF table?
Thanks.
Tracy