[nfbcs] Uninstalling NAV9

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sat Oct 17 00:43:00 UTC 2009

Greetings, everyone.

I'm currently using Norton Antivirus 9 (yes, it's possible with JAWS but takes a lot of JAWS Cursor use). I'm contemplating trying out Microsoft's Essential Security tool. Somewhere I recall reading that the uninstall procedure for NAV doesn't really uninstall everything and that one must go to the Symantec website to download an uninstall program that thoroughly does the job. Do any of you have information on this? I'd rather not do a half-arsed job and end up with a bolixed uninstall or, worse yet, some diabolical hybrid system with part of Microsoft's tool and Norton Antivirus uneasily coexisting. (grin)

TIA!

Mike Freeman