[nfbcs] Getting access to BIOS settings

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Wed Oct 28 20:16:19 UTC 2009

I posted another message in this thread about the PC Weasel card. AFAIK,
it's the only way to access a BIOS andit works only some of the time. Plus,
it's not exactly easy to use even if it works at all.

But the reason I'm posting is that talking to BIOS manufacturers about
accessibility is on the to do list for the International  Association of
Visually Impaired Technologists. See http://www.iavit.org.

Not much is going on with IAVIT right now. We are waiting for the State of
Wisconsin  to make us an official non-profit corporation. I thought it was
important to be a legally incorporated non-profit before starting any of the
big projects.

Anyway, our application has been submitted. I paid the fees myself. I would
imagine that we'll be hearing from the State of Wisconsin any day now.