[nfbcs] Call center headphones.

Beth Hatch bhatch200 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 11 01:25:21 UTC 2009

Hello Alan,

Congratulations on your new job!  You'll want to contact Plantronics for the
headset that will allow you to have the phone on one hear and your speech
program on the other ear.  You can contact Plantronics by the main customer
service toll-free number.  You need to tell them that you need to talk to
someone about the headsets they make specifically designed for blind folks,
I think you need to call the "Custom Designed" head phones group from what I
remember, I think the number for the custom headsets is on the Plantronics
web site.  Unfortunately, you or your manager may have to wait on hold for a
time for someone to gather the data to assist you, this is what happened
when I called to get information for someone I was assisting with this
issue.  Make sure before you call that you have the model of the phone that
you will be using, Plantronics makes more than one model of headset for
blind people, but the model you need has to be compatible with the model of
phone that you will be using.  Last time I checked, the headset costs around
$300.00.  Please feel free to email me privately if I can help further.

Take care,

Beth Hatch