[nfbcs] access hard drive

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Wed Apr 7 14:36:57 UTC 2010

It depends on how much you value the data you lost and how much time you're
willing to spend learning some new tricks. And even if it doesn't answer the
original poster's question, there are a lot of people on this list who may
at some point need this kind of information.  It might take some work to
acquire these skills but they would be valuable skills to have.

Learning how to make a live linux CD would be a good thing for almost
everybody to know no matter their skill level. If you do on-line banking,
the best, most secure way to do it is to boot a live linux CD and use
firefox.  I would think that just about anybody capable of doing their
banking on-line could also figure out how to download ubuntu and burn it to
a CD if given a pointer or 2.