[nfbcs] access hard drive

trev.saunders at gmail.com trev.saunders at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 15:52:20 UTC 2010

Hi,

 If you are repartitioning, and coppiing data, you *can't* run the os on a partition to be resized.
Second for whatever reason there is no CD  one can grub and run windows off I don't know why but its true.
So we need some OS we can run from a CD or USB drive, and work on the partitions with LINUX is the simplist solution to this problem.
Linux also provides low level tools such as dd which just copies data between disks without caring about what file system that data is on, If there is a windows equivelent my googling has never found it.

Trev