[nfbcs] Booting from Linux CD and Accessing the Hard Drive

trev.saunders at gmail.com trev.saunders at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 19:10:54 UTC 2010

Hi,

While boot a linux cd will allow you to re partition and minipulate data.aa You will probably not be able to fiddle with the registry, or similar because the format is fairly proprietery and nobody has been bothered to reverse engineer it for a linux program so far as I now.  On the other hand, if you have a virus, boot the machine from a linux cd is a good way to save your data before reinstalling.
As for using firefox in linux, on system install on hd,I do this dailly, finding a accessible live cd that has gnome and firefox might be interesting,  I believe the best you'll find are vinux, and ubuntu which is rather unfortunite but they will do the job.

Trev