[nfbcs] Google Maps and accessibility

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Jun 7 12:51:54 UTC 2010

One of my co-workers was telling me how he used Google Maps and GPS on a
recent trip.  The GPS on his phone knew where he was, and, when he put in
his destination, he was asked if he wanted to walk or take public transit.
 He said public transit, and it showed him which buses he could take,
where the bus stop was, and what time the bus would arrive.

This would be extremely handy for me, even around home, if I'm catching a
bus I don't usually catch.  Can blind guys access such features?  I have
not found Google Maps to be very accessible so far, but I could be missing
something.  And my Sendero GPS has no info at all about buses.
Tracy