[nfbcs] FW: Fruit basket programs

Rasmussen, Lloyd lras at loc.gov
Wed Jun 9 19:36:56 UTC 2010

In case you are wondering what the source code for simple GUI programs looks like, and what is involved in getting various programming languages to produce something we can use with a screen reader, the following information is worth studying.

A few years ago, on the Blind programming listserv which is currently at
  programmingblind at freelists.org
Jamal Mazrui proposed a project where list members would code up a simple GUI using their favorite languages and tools.  In the following message, Jamal lists the programs that resulted and their contributors.  For access to many other resources, go to
  www.nonvisualdevelopment.org
and download what you need.

In case anyone was wondering, the domain name blindprogramming.com was allowed to lapse and is for sale to anyone who wants to pay a serious amount of money for it.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Project Engineer
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress   202-707-0535
http://www.loc.gov/nls
The preceding opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the Library of Congress, NLS.