[nfbcs] Fw: Question for the List

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 11 23:03:40 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: Cheryl L Meister
To: Gary Wunder
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2010 4:40 PM
Subject: Question for the List

Gary,
Can you please forward this question to the list? Thanks.
Cheryl

Hello, everyone:
I am using JAWS version 9 and have Windows XP second edition.

I just got Com Cast for my Internet and am unable to use the Internet in any way (i.e. Internet or go to comcast e-mail service). I'm not sure if I have something on JAWS set wrong or what.

The situation is that when I go to the com cast home page (my husband has a link to it on the desktop) I get a message saying:
Open Parent Document button.
Insert B tells me there are no buttons.
If I use my JAWS cursor, It reads down through the web page, but I am unable to click on any links. I can't use Insert F7 to line up any links because JAWS says there are no links or any form fields.

Does anyone know how to help me solve this problem? I can use JAWS when it works well, but am not very good at troubleshooting.
Thanks.
Cheryl