[nfbcs] Antivirus and VPN

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Mar 22 14:33:42 UTC 2010

I am using Eset Nod32 antivirus.  It's fairly accessible, though I have to
use the Jaws cursor a lot, and it's not terribly expensive.
I have version 3 on my PC, but I bought version 4 for my husband's PC, and
failed to test it with VPN.  Version 4 doesn't work with VPN; it gives the
message "SSLVPN client was unable to modify the IP forwarding table."

I tried to get Eset tech support to help me, but that was a total bust.
Email tech support can really be bad.  I'd email every detail I could
think of, and they're reply with answers that didn't pertain to my
problem, or my version.

Does anyone have any idea how I could fix the problem?  What sort of
setting might be causing the problem?
Or would anyone care to recommend another antivirus program that not real
costly, is reasonably accessible, and works with VPN?
Thanks.
Tracy