[nfbcs] Weird interaction between my JAWS and Facebook

Jim jp100 at earthlink.net
Wed May 19 18:52:49 UTC 2010

Hi there,

I feel like I always have the strangest or weirdest questions regarding JAWS
and my computer, but here goes.

I'm on facebook and have had no real problems with it when I use either the
mobile or the normal site on my laptop computer.  I have JFW Version 10, and
everything was working fine until late last week.  I figured this would be
temporary, so I left it alone for a few days, but now it is annoying.  And
no.I did not alter a single setting!

I go to the mobile site, and everything is fine.

However, when I go to the regular facebook.com site, it loads up OK, but the
JAWS eloquence voice thinks it is reading Spanish and begins reading in a
Latin American Spanish accent.  I know Spanish, so that's how I was able to
figure this out.

How can I fix this issue?  It doesn't do that anywhere else.  When I tried
on my netbook, it went to the facebook site and read it just fine.  No
problem there.

Thoughts?

Jim P