[nfbcs] Links on a Website

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Tue Oct 26 03:14:46 UTC 2010

I agree with you, Dave.  However, it does rather puzzle, if not irk, me that
sighted persons seem congenitally unable to find the "back" button; they
must have all the links right out there in front of them so they can just
keep clicking forward.  WE used to here from unreconstructed teachers and
childcare personnel that blind children have trouble with "object
permanence".  Seems to me it's the sighted that have trouble with object
permanence -- at least on computers.  If the back-arrow isn't looked at, it
apparently doesn't exist. (grin)

Fred, if you look on the NFBW web site, you won't find those repeated links;
you'll just find a "back to home page" link at the end of the other pages.
I figure people can click to the home page and find the links there again.
Unless, of course, they forget they exist on the home page. (smirk)

Mike