[nfbcs] Links on a Website

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Tue Oct 26 16:31:55 UTC 2010

Hello David and everyone,

    On the other hand it's great to be able to go directly to other areas of
a Web site without always needing to return to the home page. I had to
redesign several NFB and other Web sites so site navigation links appeared
on all site pages.

    There are Web technologies such as AJAX that could reduce if not
eliminate the number of redundant links on Web site pages. For an example of
this visit:
http://www.aircharterguide.com

    That site uses AJAX to hide many repetitious site links. If one hits the
spacebar on the (More) Icon the entire menu is exposed. This is one way to
reduce the amount of repeated links on site pages. And since AJAX controls
can be assigned keyboard commands such Web sites can be made to be quite
accessible. Interestingly enough air charter company Web sites have been
among some of the most accessible travel related sites I've visited. All the
best.

Peter Donahue who is currently in a self immersion in to ASP.net and AJAX.