[nfbcs] Links on a Website

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Tue Oct 26 16:43:54 UTC 2010

Hello Mike and everyone,

    And let's not forget about our screen reader's "List of Links" feature.
I use it all the time especially when I'm on large Web sites. Mary does this
too. For example if I'm in the "Publications" area of the NFB site and wish
to check out the latest goings on with the Jernigan Institute I bring up the
links list feature in JAWS with the keystroke Jaws Key+F7. When the "List of
Links" dialogue box appears I press the letter (L) until I hear "Learn About
the Jernigan Institute." I then press enter to go directly to the NFBJI home
page without first going back to the home page. It's a combination of
including controls on site pages to reduce repetitious links and learning
one's screen reader's functionality to allow you to deal with this situation
efficiently.

Peter Donahue