[nfbcs] JAWS 12 and Reading Word

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 14:40:01 UTC 2010

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing difficulty with navigating Word
documents with JAWS 12.  I'm using Windows XP with Word 2003 and the full
release of JAWS 12.  In Word, JAWS sometimes doesn't respond when moving
from word to word, line to line, etc.  Or, it'll just say, "blank."  It
doesn't read comments even though it announces that a comment is present,
and it is extremely slow about recognizing tables.  I've adjusted my screen
resolution as well as the theme settings.  No go, and JAWS 11 is working
well.  I recall experiencing a similar issue before where I had to use JAWS
10 to compensate for version 11 issues.  I hope this is not a repeat.  Any
ideas are welcomed, and if there any scripts, I'm all ears for suggestions.

Joe