[nfbcs] Wireshark

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org
Fri Sep 3 19:42:48 UTC 2010

Heads up on TCPDump:  I've used it with no problems on Unix variants,
including MacOS, but on Windows, I've once or twice seen TCPDump, just
by running, alter the behavior of programs like IE7.  I don't know why
this is, and it may be an obsolete issue by now, but if you try
TCPDump on Windows, look out for things like that.

I notice that you can build a MacPort version of Wireshark that does
not include X, which probably means it can be used nongraphically.  I
don't know about the Windows version though.