[nfbcs] Line spacing in Microsoft Word 2007

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Thu Sep 23 01:15:50 UTC 2010

I don't know off hand the best way to get to the paragraph formatting dialog using the ribbon being new to it myself, but
can perhaps try it out later.  However, There is a pretty good chance that a fellow student can probably tell you quickly
how to get there.  Also, this list tends to be for people who work with computers as a career, although not completely of
course.  The GUI-Talk list has a greater variety of computer users and asking there might also work.  In the meantime,
try exploring the ribbon a little.  When you activate it, I believe CONTROL-TAB moves you from section to section, and
you may find it that way.  Remember that if you find it, you need to select your whole document first so that the change
in paragraph format is applied to all paragraphs.  Also, if you end a paragraph with two presses of ENTER as we who
used to use a typewriter often do, that extra press will also add a double space.

With luck, maybe someone else will chime in here who is using Word 2007.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 19:11:37 -0400, Patrick B wrote:

>That right there is the problem. With the introduction of the ribbon I don't know how to get to the format dialog any
better than I know how to operate a spacecraft.

>Thanks for the reply, however

>> From: steve.jacobson at visi.com
>> To: nfbcs at nfbnet.org
>> Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 09:18:26 -0500
>> Subject: Re: [nfbcs] Line spacing in Microsoft Word 2007
>>
>> Go to format and look in the "paragraph" dialog. There is a line spacing combo on the indents and spacing tab.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Steve Jacobson
>>

>> On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 22:49:24 -0400, Patrick B wrote:
>>

>> >Hi guys, I can't seem to figure out how to double space text in Word 2007. I've got an assignment due soon which
needs it, so if someone could help me out,