[nfbcs] Line spacing in Microsoft Word 2007

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Fri Sep 24 20:10:26 UTC 2010

I finally checked this out on the computer onto which I just installed Office 2007.  You are right, of course, and one can
also get there as was stated elsewher by pressing ALT-P, followed by the letter P and then the letter G.  I will not argue
with anyone who feels the old menu system is better, but the ribbon can be learned.  Some aspects of it are clearly less
efficient, but it works better as one gets familiar with how it functions.  By the way, at least with Window-Eyes, the
keyboard shortcuts are actually spoken as you navigate the ribbon.  In other words, once I found the paragraph group
dialog, I also heard the keystrokes.  If you are not going to be in a position to download JFW 12 beta to get the virtual
ribbon, exploring the ribbon to find out what is in each section will save a lot of time in the long run.  If you assume that
"page layout" is like "Page layout" on the old Word FILE menu, you will be wrong, so exploring to learn at the beginning
helped me a lot.  I'm still far from being an expert, but I'm making progress.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson