[nfbcs] Firefox and a disappearing menu bar

Liz Bottner liz.bottner at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 15:16:12 UTC 2011

Hi all,

    I have no idea how this happens, but sometimes, my menu bar in Firefox
will disappear, and there is no nonvisual way to get it back that I can
figure out. The only thing that has been successful in doing so is having
someone with a pair of working eyes click on a particular spot on the screen
which will bring it back. Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon and
come across a way to make the menu bar reappear without needing to use the
mouse? Any help here is appreciated. I am using Firefox 5, JAWS11 and
Windows XP, for some background information on my system.

Thanks in advance for any help. Feel free to write me off list.

Liz Bottner

Guiding Eyes Graduate Council

GEB Voicemail:  800-942-0149 Ext. 2531

e-mail: