[nfbcs] {Spam?} Re: Outlook 2010 Conundrums

Rasmussen, Lloyd lras at loc.gov
Thu Jan 6 14:17:45 UTC 2011

There is a "compatibility pack" that allows Office 2003 to read and write Office 2007 format files .docx, .xlsx, .ppptx, etc.  So you could probably satisfy the coursework requirements while continuing to run Office 2003.

Judy and I are running Windows 7 on new computers and finding that it works reasonably well.  There is a book, "Windows 7 for Seniors, for Dummies" available as a talking book on the BARD site that explains some things, even though it wasn't written from a nonvisual perspective.  Also, National Braille Press has a book in the Sarah Morley series, on Windows 7 explained.

I just saw in the Top Tech Tidbits that HandiTech is offering a course on Office 2010, probably in their offices in Minneapolis.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Project Engineer
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress   202-707-0535
http://www.loc.gov/nls
The preceding opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the Library of Congress, NLS.