[nfbcs] New Laptop; and JAWS questions?

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Mon Jan 31 01:52:07 UTC 2011

Also, some devices still don't have 64-bit drivers so you'll need to check whether the printers and other peripherals you're using have them.  Another wrinkle is that the DECtalk USB synthesizer has a 64-bit driver for and relevant .JLS file for JAWS but JAWS 12 hasn't caught up with it yet so if you use that synth, you'll have to install the .JLS file manually and set up a Voice profile for it.  I haven't succeeded at this yet.

You'll also find Office 2010 quite useable although the interface takes some getting used to and it's a bit sluggish with JAWS.  I'm sure this will be cleared up eventually.

Mike

[Sent via iPhone]