[nfbcs] free windows screen reader (nVDA)

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Mar 4 14:24:49 UTC 2011

I got a clearer voice, to my ear, by changing the accent NVDA was using.
It's under Preferences, Voices, I think.  There's a great variety, and I
picked the one that was clearest to me, which was not the American accent,
to my surprise.

I like NVDA, but have not been able to get it to work with Spellcheck in
Word.  I see it listed as a known problem, but don't see any solution.
Has anyone else had success with it?

Tracy