[nfbcs] leaving computer turned on

slery slerythema at insightbb.com
Fri May 13 05:00:53 UTC 2011

You are not actually avoiding boot loader problems, you are just saving them
for when you restart. If it has a problem, it isn't going to go away just
because you do not turn it off.

Having said that, I leave mine on pretty much 24/7. At night, when I am not
using it, my computer is running various maintenance tasks while I am
asleep. Typically, I restart my computer only if it is having a problem or
usually when an update requires a restart.

Now if you are interested in being green, you should turn off at night or at
the very least, put it in sleep mode so that it is conserving less energy.

Cindy