[nfbcs] Programming with a Braille display

majolls at cox.net majolls at cox.net
Wed Nov 16 19:23:40 UTC 2011

If you ever did start up such a company, it might be as easy as identifying Linux based products that:
1. replace accessibility software
2. replace Microsoft Office for document preparation for professionals / students
3. replace programming environments (Java, C++, for students / professionals doing that type of work)
4. replace programs for any other activity that people wanted to do.

Once you have the products identified and can easily install the O/S and software on a laptop (for example) per the needed configuration, the only other things would be delivering the product and doing some training.  Seems like that wouldn't be a bad deal.  Then you'd have to make the price attractive so people would save a lot over the Microsoft / Freedom / AISquared configurations.  But if you had a good platform and configuration that fit people's needs, and a good price, and could show people they could do the same things on the alternate platform, I would think you'd have a good deal once people realized they didn't need Windows.

Something to think about anyway.

Mike Jolls