[nfbcs] Microsoft Excel support in JAWS

Patrick B peanut440 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 5 16:35:09 UTC 2011

Hi, Has something happened with accessibility in Microsoft Excel using JAWS? I used to have no trouble using it, I could use the arrow keys to move between cells and JAWS would announce the coordinates of the cell and read the contents. Now, when I try this, JAWS reads nothing. the only way I can get it to read anything is by performing a read current line keystroke, where it reads a number of cells all together in a nonsensical fashion. Even weirder is the fact that the last time I remember it working, I was still using the same version of Excel (2010 Professional) and JAWS (12).Does anybody know why this might be happening? Thanks,Patrick