[nfbcs] IE9 Download and Recording through the sound card in Windows 7

Mary Donahue braille at satx.rr.com
Mon Oct 17 04:16:07 UTC 2011

Good evening everyone,

    With the purchase  of Mary's new computer we finally entered the World of Windows 7. Much of it is familiar from previous versions but there are several differences two of these are the Internet Explorer 9.0 Download dialogue box and configuring the sound card to permit all audio push through it to be recorded.

    First if someone could explain the procedure for downloading files in IE9 that will be very much appreciated. It's probably not as complicated as it seems once we catch on.

    In previous versions of Windows one configured recording settings through the Windows Volume Control. In Windows 95 and 98 the setting that permits all audio played by the sound card to be recorded was called "What You Hear." In Windows XP it's called "Stereo Mix." I'm not sure what it's called in Windows Vista or 7. If someone can walk me through the process of setting up the computer to enable all audio through the on-board sound card to be captured and recorded and where one finds these settings in Windows 7 we'll appreciate it very much.

    We feel we've finally turned the corner where our technology melt-down is concerned and look forward to getting things back to normal around here. All the best for a great week.

Peter Donahue