[nfbcs] Setting Default Account in Outlook 2010

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Fri Oct 21 00:51:09 UTC 2011

Good evening everyone,

                I'm pleased to let everyone know that all of our computers
are back up and running. The new machine has Microsoft Office 2010 Home and
Business on it. Naturally we're having a baptism by the office ribbon and am
not sure of how to do a few tasks in Outlook 2010.

                When I created our e-mail accounts I entered mine first
followed by Mary's. Outlook currently sees my account as the default account
but we need to change it so Mary's account is active and mine is turned off.
We like to keep account information for each e-mail account on all of our
computers should another technology melt-down occur so we'll always have
access to our e-mail. We need to know where to find the "Account Settings"
using the office ribbon so I can make Mary's account the default on this
machine and disable my account so she won't be receiving my mail. Both
accounts work as I tested them this afternoon. We just need to change these
settings so Mary's mail will come to this machine and mine won't. A
walk-through of how to fix these issues via the Office Ribbon will be much
appreciated.

                We also have Mozilla Thunderbird 7.0 on this machine and
need to make the same changes there too. If someone can tell us how to fix
these settings in Outlook 2010 and Thunderbird 7.0 we'll appreciate that
very much. All the best.

Peter Donahue