[nfbcs] Honeywell VIP 7813 terminal emulator?

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Mon Sep 5 23:31:55 UTC 2011

Hey Leslie,

You won't need to write to the developer to find out if the database
program is using curses or something like it.

Try running a command like this and see what happens.  If you're not
comfrotable with the UNIX command line, you might get someone to help
you out.  Login to the UNIX machine and run this command...

export TERM=bogus

then run your database program.

I expect that one of two things will happen...

   1) The program will run normally, which means it isn't use curses.
   2) The program will print an error about your terminal type, which
      means it is using curses.  In this case, reply back here and
      ask for recomendations for good DEC terminal emulators.  DEC
      terminals are the most well known and most used by everyone,
      which means many blind people have had to find good terminal
      emulators for them.

Good Luck,

Jim