[nfbcs] Computer Purchesses and Family Members

Bryan Schulz b.schulz at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 11 18:34:28 UTC 2011

hi,

what is so special that you are demanding exact specs of brand, capacity,
etc.?
any win7, 2.8+ghz/now days they are called i3, i5, or i7 processor, most
have at least a 500g or 1t hard drive, most are shipping with at least 4g
ram.
all include sound, video, lan, and multi usb.
the only thing i try to avoid is ati video cards and you can usually find a
system with gforce video really easy.

i don't remember if the one she has was a laptop.
assuming your monitor and printer still work:
here is an example;
(lenovo bought ibm)
Lenovo - Ideacentre Desktop / Intel® Pentium® Processor / 4GB Memory / 1TB
Hard Drive
Model: K300-53162HU| SKU: 1757565
Customer Reviews:

Lenovo - Ideacentre Desktop / Intel® Pentium® Processor / 4GB Memory / 1TB
Hard Drive
includes keyboard and m ouse.
Model: K300-53162HU
Customer Reviews: 4.3 out of 5 stars
Sale:$329.99
Reg. Price:$449.99

extras:
2-Year Protection Plan $59.99
Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010 $199.99

Product Features
.Intel® Pentium® processor E5800
Features 2 processing cores and 3.2GHz processor speed.
.4GB DDR3 memory
For multitasking power, expandable to 8GB.
.1TB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 rpm)
Offers plenty of storage capacity.
.15-in-1 media reader
Supports Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO
Duo, Secure Digital, miniSD, Secure Digital High Capacity, miniSDHC,
MultiMediaCard, Reduced-Size MultiMediaCard and MultiMediaCard Plus formats.
.Also supports MultiMediaCard mobile, CompactFlash I/II and Microdrive
formats.
.Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive
Create custom DVDs and CDs.
.Graphics Media Accelerator X4500 graphics
For lush images.
.8 high-speed USB 2.0 ports
For fast digital video, audio and data transfer.
.Built-in 10/100 Ethernet LAN
For quick and easy wired Web connection.
.Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit operating system
preinstalled

Bryan Schulz