[nfbcs] Replacing an ASCII Character with Another in Excel

Sahar Husseini sahar at inebraska.com
Sat Sep 17 12:30:05 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have an Excel sheet that has a list of products.  When I export it to my Ecommerce software, the apostrophe will often appear as some weird square box.  I found out that the ASCII character for the apostrophe is 39, and the ASCII character for this weird box is 8217.  I want to replace all of the 8217 ASCII characters with ASCII 39.  The find and replace box isn't working for me.  Does anyone have any idea on how I would go about doing this?  I have 718 products.  Doing it by hand would be insane.  Thanks for any ideas.

Warm regards,
Sahar Husseini
For hand-crafted, one-of-a-kind jewelry, please visit my Website at
www.saharscreations.com
Find me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/saharscreations
And remember, "Obstacles don't have to stop you.
If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up.
Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it."
Michael Jordan