[nfbcs] Kindle

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Thu Sep 29 16:28:46 UTC 2011

I disagree with your analogy that it's like buying a care where the
engine doesn't run.

In this "car", the engine runs fine.  It's just that some of us (those
of us who are blind) can't use it.

In that sense, it really is like buying food you're allergic to.  You
may want to eat it, but you can't.  We may want to use the Kindle,
but we can't (at least not yet)

Also, keep in mind that the version of android the fire is running is
Gingerbread, which is android 2.3.  I believe this is earlier than
most of the accessibility improvements we've seen in Android.

We should all get on Amazon's case about the accessibility of their
hardware devices, but we've been doing that already haven't we?

Jim