[nfbcs] drivers are driving me crazy

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 13 05:58:57 UTC 2012

Hi all.
I have been having trouble with the wireless adaptor in an old laptop, and
decided to download the latest version of the drivers and install them.
I've done this before for other devices so know the process, but it gets
more frustrating when the wireless goes down just a few minutes after
booting the system, so I don't have time to grab the new drivers from the
net.

Well after some frustration with this, I finally got the file WLAN.zip
containikng all the drivers.
Unfortunately now when I try to unzip it, I get an error reading the file in
the middle of unzipping.  I end up with a partial directory tree and I don't
know if I have all the files for the driver or not.

The error message didn't say what file it was reading and it looks like I
have only one main branch of the tree.  I don't know if the missing part is
just documentation or if there is data or code there.

I've never encountered this before.  Does anyone have an idea what the
problem could be or a suggestion how to proceed?  Please, no advice such as
"throw out your laptop"; I've already considered that and may do it
eventually.

Happy hacking.
TIA
--le