[nfbcs] programming editors for Windows

Aaron Cannon cannona at fireantproductions.com
Wed Jan 4 03:07:40 UTC 2012

Hi all.

I know that this has been discussed in the past, but I'm wondering if
folks have made any new discoveries recently.  I am currently using
EdSharp for my programming editor, and it works reasonably well.
However, a few issues I've been having are that it frequently throws
unhandled exceptions and it doesn't allow you to easily save files
with Unix-style line endings.

What are other folks using for editing source code?

I really like the other features of EdSharp, but the above mentioned
limitations are serious enough to have me looking for alternatives.  I
think the best option would be to use a standard programming editor
with a well-crafted set of Jaws scripts.  However, I don't have the
know-how to attempt something like that.

Anyway, any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Aaron