[nfbcs] FW: [program-l] Sodbeans 2.5 Released

Rasmussen, Lloyd lras at loc.gov
Tue Jan 31 14:07:54 UTC 2012

An accessible programming environment for the NetBeans system, including a specialized, introductory language called HOP for interactive programming by beginners.  Part of the development and evaluation has been conducted at the Washington School for the Blind, but the lead developer is now at Southern Illinois University.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Project Engineer
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress   202-707-0535
http://www.loc.gov/nls
The preceding opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the Library of Congress, NLS.