[nfbcs] Amazon cloudplayer

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Sat Sep 1 19:28:43 UTC 2012

Hey Tracy,

I know this is going to sound insulting, but are you sure the music hasn't been downloaded?  I just tried buying music and downloading it from the clould player.  The download did happen.  However, there was no dialog, no download list, nothing to indicate that the music was actually downloaded.  But, when I looked in my downloads folder, the song had been downloaded, several times actually.

Also, if you're running on a windows machine, you can install amazon's mp3 downloader and skip downloading from the cloud drive.  I'm running on a linux box, so I haven't tried this.

I do find this development annoying, but inevitable.  Amazon was going to have to take more control over their media.

Anyway, hope this helps,

Jim