[nfbcs] JAWS and Google Chrome Browser

Aaron Cannon cannona at fireantproductions.com
Tue Apr 9 02:42:36 UTC 2013

My experience with using Crome with Jaws 13 (just recently upgraded to
14, so can't comment if things have improved) was so-so to poor.  I
found it less accessible than Firefox.  The browser GUI, such as the
menus and option screens are much more difficult to navigate.  And as
for using it to access the web, I found that it often had a difficult
time communicating changes on the page to Jaws.  For example, when
AJAX updated a portion of the page, or when a section of content was
dynamically loaded, Jaws wouldn't read the new or updated content.
This same problem happens once in a while in Firefox as well, but
refreshing the virtual buffer usually solves it.  Sadly, this is not
the case in Crome, and I haven't been able to find any workarounds.

Good luck.

Aaron