[nfbcs] Enthought Python Distribution and Cygwin

Currin, Kevin kwcurrin at live.unc.edu
Tue Apr 16 16:15:49 UTC 2013

Hello All,

I am trying to run an executable program through a Python script using cygwin. I am using Python 2.7.3 from the Enthought Python Distribution on Windows 7 64 bit and jaws 12.

The problem that I am running into is that cygwin recognizes that I have Python installed and it will run python, but I cannot get cygwin to recognize the extra modules that come with the Enthought distribution, such as numpy, scipy, and pylab. I've done a lot of seb searching and I have talked with people in my lab, but I haven't been able to figure it out.

My environment variable for Python reads:
c:\Python27\Scripts

My .bash_profile file in cygwin reads:

PATH=$PATH:/cygdrive/c/Python27
export PATH

I think there may be some additional paths I need to add to access the other modules, but I'm not quite sure how to do this.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kevin