[nfbcs] Trouble with IE8

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Aug 30 13:15:05 UTC 2013

For the last 2 days, I've been having problems with IE.  It happens with any
site; one time it hangs, and the next time it's fine, probably. It seems
random, but it's happened several times.
I get the "program not responding, end now?" message, followed by the IE
error report screen.  Before it abends, it hangs up for a while, and I hear
the computer fan running like mad, but Jaws won't say anything.
I've run a virus scan with MS Security Essentials, and it didn't find
anything.
I'm running Jaws 14 and IE8 on Windows XP Pro.
Is there any way to find out what's happening when IE hangs?
If I reinstall IE8, will it cause a disaster?
Does IE9 work?  I remember hearing there were problems with it.
TIA.
Tracy