[nfbcs] Computer Braille Help, Please?

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Sun Dec 22 17:02:20 UTC 2013

Ian,

With our BrailleNote MPower, i have use infrastructure set to "yes" and shared authentication set to "No".  The 802.11 level is set to zero.  These settings appear to work with my router, but it seems to me I
have had infrastructure mode set to "no" in the past.

I will tell you though that over the years I have been extremely frustrated with network support in the old BrailleNote and the BrailleNote MPower.  There have been times when I just seemed to have to try
settings until it worked.  Sometimes I have had to supply the DNS addresses even though I am requesting an IP address automatically, but perhaps this has to do with my router's configuration or something.  I
do not supply them on any other devices, though.

If you need me to check other settings, let me know.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson