[nfbcs] putty help

Tara Annis tannis at afb.net
Tue Jul 2 15:01:21 UTC 2013

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question about JAWS and putty.  Your suggestions were helpful.  I am using a braille display so that's made it easier dealing with the issue where JAWS has difficulty with character by character navigation.  If it gets too annoying, I may switch to the  Cygwin (think that's what it's called).  Now, the course is having me sign into putty and Unix to use the VIM editor to compile my first code in C++.  It seems fairly accessible so far.  I've  gone on Bookshare and found books on VIM, Unix, and basic programming that have been way more helpful than the assigned textbook for the course, Absolute C++.
I actually think I like this online course as it relates to accessibility  since there are no hardcopy  documents, like syllabus, to scan.  The students uses Blackboard, Piazza, and IRC to  communicate with  classmates and instructors.

Tara