[nfbcs] Question regarding Comcast Mail

Jim Portillo portillo.jim at gmail.com
Tue May 7 20:27:26 UTC 2013

Hi there,

Just as a forewarning, I'm trying to prepare myself to help a friend, but
the problem is that I don't really have access to Comcast, as I don't have a
Comcast account.  So, as much as I'd like to prepare for this as a tutor,
I'm going to have to rely on others' knowledge until I get with this person
later this week.  Please forgive my questions.

So, this person uses Comcast via the web, and not with an email client.  He
got himself into a bit of a bind earlier by somehow sending an email to his
entire addressee list, and that email stirred up quite a bit of controversy.
He did not know about things like BCC or distribution lists.  It's important
that he learn about such things.

So, first and foremost, is there an easy way to create distribution lists
using Comcast webmail?  Can those lists be to where they don't publicly show
the members' email addresses?

Second, how does one Blind Carbon Copy using the web mail service?  Is the
option to do so already there, like the CC probably is?

Is there anything I need to know about using Webmail in the easiest way
possible?  This way, I've at least covered many of my bases.

Thanks again,

Jim